CATALOG NOW AVAILABLE
2019-2020 Training Sessions NOW OPEN!
Registration is now open for Open Circle's 2019-2020 training season. Keep your staff current, build continuity, and expand effectiveness of your social and emotional learning (SEL) implementation plan.
• Are you a new Administrator? Learn more about Open Circle's guiding principles and effective whole school implementation
• Train your new staff with Classroom Teacher Program
• Build consistent SEL language throughout your school with Specialist & Support Staff Workshop
• Maximize integration of Open Circle concepts and vocabulary throughout the school community with an Open Circle Coach
Open Circle provides a unique, evidence-based social and emotional learning program for grades K-5. Working with administrators, educators, counselors, and staff from across the school, Open Circle aims to:
- Proactively develop children’s skills for recognizing and managing emotions, empathy, positive relationships and problem solving
- Help schools develop a community where students feel safe, cared for and engaged in learning.
Open Circle News
EDWEEK: Teachers Support Social-Emotional Learning, But...
Understanding what social and emotional learning means isn’t enough. Open Circle provieds engaging and interactive professional development that combines theory, research and practical experience. Read EdWeek's article: Teachers Support Social-Emotional Learning, But Say Students in Distress...
APERTURE EDUCATION WEBINAR - July 30 @ 2:00pm EST
Caring for Your Staff: Why Supporting SEL for Educators is Important Open Circle is excited to share news that Aperture Education will be launching their newest product, EdSERT (Educator Social-Emotional Reflection & Training) on August 1, 2019. This tool is specifically designed to support the...
Summer Reading with SEL Connections
Throughout the summer Open Circle will be posting recommended social and emotional learning (SEL) literature on Facebook and Twitter (be sure to follow and like our pages to keep receiving literature recommendations!). ...
Open Circle helps students deal with emotional frustrations and challenges
At a recent School Committee meeting, Pell Elementary, in Newport Rhode Island, discusses how they uses Open Circle to help students deal with emotional frustrations and challenges. READ: Heart-Warming Story...
Did you know Open Circle curates SEL literature?
Peg Sawyer, Open Circle Trainer and Coach, reviews children's literature that relates to social and emotional learning. See our list of recommened children's literature
How We Help Schools & Communities
Open Circle’s whole-school approach:
- Unites schools with common vocabulary
- Improves school climate
- Increases students’ use of prosocial and critical thinking skills
- Reduces negative behaviors such as peer exclusion, bullying and fighting
- Strengthens educators' facilitation and SEL (social emotional learning) skills
- Frees up time for academics through proactive behavior management
"Open circle has been wonderful and necessary in my classroom, although we were trained over three years ago it is still so relevant day to day."
– Grade-level Teacher, Public School
"It’s a wonderful program for giving the children a common language when negotiating social issues."
– Grade-level School Teacher, Independent School
"Overall, I really like Open Circle and so do the students and teachers I use it with. I think it's a very user friendly modality that is able to be completed easily when you allow time for it."
– Mental Health Professional, Public School
"I am participating in Classroom Teacher training this year. I have fully implemented Open Circle in my classroom for the first time and I have noticed the difference in my students SEL immediately."
– Grade-level Teacher, Public School
"It’s been a life changing experience personally and professionally."
– Grade-level Teacher, Independent School