Classroom Teacher Program
The Classroom Teacher Program (formerly Core Program) equips educators with information, tools, and strategies that are critical to effective SEL implementation and integration. Through interactive and experiential professional development, participants learn about: SEL theory and research findings; group development theory; dialogue facilitation and problem solving; mindfulness and reflection practice; dimensions of differences and similiarities; role of adults as models; integrating SEL into academics and throughout the school day, and leveraging children’s literature to teach and reinforce SEL. This program requires a year-long commitment to implementing twice-weekly, 15-minute Open Circle lessons in order to enable multiple cycles of learning, practice, and reflection.
- Three 7-hour, in-person training days (2 back-to-back in summer/fall, 1 in winter)
- Three online learning modules
- Curriculum Kit, including: Open Circle Curriculum, laminated skill mini-posters, Open Circle bookmarks and stickers, problem-solving card, chime, digital timer, and tote bag
- 24 professional development hours
- Optional graduate-level course (with additional fee and assignments)
- Optional implementation coaching (with additional fees)
Who Should Attend
Grades K-5 classroom teachers and other staff members who will regularly implement the Open Circle Curriculum with a consistent class of students
Interested in On-Site Training?
Contact us at 781-283-3277 or email@example.com to schedule this workshop at your school or district.
Register for Regional Training