Classroom Teacher Program
The Classroom Teacher Program (formerly Core Program) equips educators with information, tools, and strategies that are critical to effective Open Circle Curriculum implementation, as well as integration into academics and throughout the school day. Through interactive and experiential professional development, participants learn about:
- SEL theory and research findings;
- teaching skills to support self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, positive relationships and problem solving;
- group development theory;
- dialogue facilitation;
- mindfulness and reflection practice to support stress reduction, learning, and self-awareness;
- cultural responsiveness in SEL instruction;
- the role of adults as models; and
- leveraging children’s literature to teach and reinforce SEL.
This program requires a year-long commitment to implementing twice-weekly, 15-minute Open Circle lessons in order to enable multiple cycles of learning, practice, and reflection.
Register for Regional Training
Complete the below form to register for regional training. If you are interested in onsite or a private session contact us at 781-283-3277 or complete our online Request for Quote form.