Classroom Teacher Program
The Classroom Teacher Program (CTP) equips educators with information, tools, and strategies that are critical to effective Open Circle Curriculum implementation. Participants learn the following:
- Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) theory and research findings
- Teaching skills that support CASEL competencies - self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, positive relationships and problem solving
- Strategies for integrating SEL throughout the school
- Dialogue facilitation
- Mindfulness and reflection practices
- Cultural responsiveness in SEL instruction
- The role of adults as models
- Leveraging children’s literature to teach and reinforce SEL
This program requires a year-long commitment to implementing twice-weekly, 15-minute Open Circle lessons in order to enable multiple cycles of learning, practice, and reflection.
Registration will be opening soon!