Open Circle is an evidence-based social and emotional learning (SEL) program for Kindergarten through Grade 5. Our whole-school approach includes training for all adults in your school community – teachers, administrators, counselors, support staff and families – to learn how to model and reinforce prosocial skills throughout the school day and at home. Educators value our professional development, which combines research, theory, and practical experience for highly interactive and experiential learning.
Our programming reinforces and enhances learning across all academic disciplines, is foundational to bullying prevention and intervention, and is integral to nationally recognized learning standards like the Common Core State Standards and 21st Century Learning Standards for success in a globally competitive workforce.
Benefits of Open Circle:
- Unites schools with common vocabulary, strategies & expectations for student behavior
- Improves school safety, school climate & student and family engagement
- Increases students’ ability to listen, show empathy, calm down, cooperate, speak up & solve problems
- Reduces students’ peer exclusion, teasing, bullying & fighting
- Improves educators’ classroom management, dialogue facilitation & ability to address students’ social and emotional needs
- Strengthens educators’ SEL skills, trust & collaboration
- Buys back time for academics by proactively addressing behavior problems