for all Members of your School Community
This innovative, year-long, in-school program helps school communities strengthen their existing bullying prevention efforts within a social and emotional learning (SEL) framework. Building upon best practices in bullying prevention and a school’s existing work with Open Circle, this program’s whole-school approach provides information to your entire school staff and parent community that highlights research findings on bullying, explains how to leverage Open Circle concepts and skills to prevent bullying, and demonstrates best practices for intervention.
The program also trains a school-based Bullying Prevention Leadership Team that creates and implements a bullying prevention strategic plan to assess school climate, measure bullying incidents, assess student and teacher responses to bullying, and set measurable goals and priorities based on the data collected.
Participation in this program includes:
- 2-hour on-site introductory workshop for all staff in the spring
- Baseline assessment of students, staff and parents in the spring
- 2-hour on-site workshop for parents in the fall
- Bullying Prevention Leadership Team:
- 2 days of on-site training
(1½ days in summer, ½ day of on-site training early winter)
- Consultations with Open Circle trainers
- 8 copies of the Open Circle Bullying Prevention Manual
- 14 Professional Development hours
Who Should Attend
The introductory workshop is for all members of your school community actively involved with Open Circle.
The Bullying Prevention Leadership Team typically consists of 5-8 members, including:
- At least one administrator (e.g. principal or assistant principal)
- At least two grade-level teachers who use the Open Circle Curriculum, preferably
from a range of grades
- Other invested staff and members of your school community, such as counselors, special education teachers, school psychologists, school resource officers, special subject teachers, school nurses, afterschool program staff, paraprofessionals & parents
Bullying Prevention Leadership Team members must make a year-long commitment to attend all training events and meet regularly (biweekly or monthly).
How to Register
Contact us to set up a Bullying Prevention Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-283-3277.