If you are ready to incorporate the Open Circle Curriculum into your school, or if you are looking to learn more about the program, the following information sheets provide a snapshot of the Open Circle program. We have developed these resources on a variety of topics.
We invite you to download and share these (PDF) files with your friends and colleagues:
Funding Open Circle in Your Schools
Open Circle strives to keep fees low and ensure that our programs are accessible to all schools. While many schools fund Open Circle training from their operating budgets, some secure funds from other sources. Here are several funding sources to explore:
• School Improvement Grants (Title I)
• Improving Teacher Quality State Formula Grants (Title II)
• Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities - State Grants (Title IV)
• Safe Schools/Healthy Students Discretionary Grants
• Partnership for Character Education Program
School or District Funds
• Discretionary professional development funds
• Prevention, school safety, school climate, character education, health education or mental health education funds
• Parent-teacher organizations/associations
• Education foundations
• Service organizations (e.g. Jaycees, Lion’s Club, Newcomer’s Club)
• Local businesses
Sprint Character Education Grant Program. Sprint will award
grants to school districts and individual schools to fund the purchase of resource materials, supplies, equipment and software that
facilitates and encourages character education among K-12 students. With a national reach, the program is open to all US public
schools (K-12) and US public school districts. (Look here for grant-writing tips from Sprint).
In addition to these sources, schools serving low-income communities may qualify for scholarships, which are made possible by grants and gifts awarded to Open Circle.
We offer individual Open Circle funding counseling to all schools. Our assistance is most useful when we are involved early in your fund-seeking process, especially for grant proposals.
Another helpful resource is the Grant Readiness Assessment Quiz on the website for Safe Schools / Healthy Students.
For more information, contact us at 781-283-3277 or via email at email@example.com.