Your contribution to Open Circle provides training scholarships for teachers and staff serving low-income communities general operating support for our comprehensive programs and services. Your generosity supplements the cost of our programs and services for schools to reduce their financial burden.
Open Circle is a program of the Wellesley Centers for Women at Wellesley College, with is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your tax-deductible gift will help ensure that Open Circle is able to continue to expand its support for teachers and children in these challenging times. We look forward to working with you to bring forth the change our schools need and deserve.
Questions? Contact us at 781-283-3277 or email email@example.com.
Download an Open Circle Donation Form (PDF)
- Since 1987, Open Circle has provided the resources, training and consulting that teachers need to support their students’ social and emotional learning (SEL) and development.
- A leader in the field of SEL, Open Circle is cited in the U.S. Department of Education’s Expert Panel guidebook of Exemplary and Promising Safe, Disciplined, and Drug-Free Schools Programs and is designated a “Select”program by the Collaborative for Academic, Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL).
- Open Circle gives results: 70% of teachers using Open Circle report a decrease in teasing and peer exclusion and 82% report an increase in cooperative behaviors. In a 2011 survey of participants in the Open Circle Core Program, 96% said it enhanced their overall teaching practice.
- In a comprehensive meta-study conducted by CASEL, students participating in SEL programs scored 11 percentile points higher on academic achievement tests.
- Open Circle has trained more than 12,500 educators and reached over 500,000 students in public, independent, parochial, urban, suburban, and rural schools.